Monthly Bid Board Auction
American Historic Coins & Collectibles offers a monthly bid board auction. Each month there is a combination of items posted on consignment from our customers and from the shop. Our in-shop bid board allows customers to place an anonymous bid offering the amount they are willing to pay for the coin. The minimum starting bids are always below retail cost, ranging from 50% of its value to 90%, depending on the type of item posted.
Bid Board Highlights
- Coins, bullion, collectibles and stamps
- Items are available for bidding until 4:00 p.m. on the closing date of the auction.
- New items are posted Tuesday following close of the previous month’s auction.
Bid Board Basics
- Auction closes at 4:00 p.m.
- Items start with a minimum bid
- Minimum bids start below retail value
- Consignors are welcome
- Registration is required (takes less than 5 minutes)
- Some items will move into Overtime Bidding (see rules)
- Auction closes at 4:00 p.m.
Bid Board Rules
- You must register to bid on the American Historic Coins & Collectibles Bid Board (ask us, we will help set you up).
- You may begin bidding immediately.
- A consignment listing fee of $1.00 is applied to each item put up for Auction on the Bid Board.
- A commission fee of 12% is charged by American Historic Coin & Collectibles (Listing fee is applied. If item does not sell the listing fee is retained).
- No buyer’s fee!
- Minimum starting bids are allowed up to a maximum of 90% of retail value but are not required.
- Bid increments are posted on the Board. Please follow these minimums or your bid will be corrected by AHCC to the next applicable bid.
- All incorrect bids will be corrected by AHCC. Please point out any incorrect bids to the staff and we will correct them. (i.e. incorrect increment, wrong amounts, info, bidder IDs, etc. PLEASE DO NOT CORRECT THEM YOURSELF.
- Shill bidding is not allowed. Shill bidding happens when anyone, including family or friends, roommates, employee online connections – bids on an item to artificially increase its price and or desirability.
- All items must be paid for within 7 days of Auction (the following Saturday) unless other arrangements have been made ahead of time.
- This is an auction and all sales are final.
- Absolutely no warranties are expressed or implied by AHCC or Original Seller.
- AHCC may fill the bid board if a lack of consignment occurs. We welcome consignments!
- Please be respectful and courteous to your fellow bidders at all times.
- Bidding on our Bid Board is a privilege. AHCC reserves the right to cancel your bid number at any time. Keep a good reputation and no such issues will occur.
- This is a cash only Auction, reflecting a 3% discount. If alternative payment is used, final price will not reflect the 3% discount.
- The auction schedule may change due to unforeseen circumstances, holidays, etc.
- AHCC reserves the right not to accept items that may be overpriced, over graded or misleading in our opinion.