The U.S. Marshals Service was formed when President George Washington signed the Judiciary Act into law in 1789.
- Struck in layers of copper-nickel bonded to an inner core of copper.
- The coins are packaged in a U.S. Mint presentation box and includes the certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Depicts an Old West U.S. Marshal and a horse in the upper left and a modern female U.S. Marshal wearing tactical gear in the lower right.
- Reverse: Features Lady Justice holding the scale of justice in her left hand and the U.S. Marshals Service star in her right.
- Sovereign coin backed by the U.S. government.