It’s common for some tortoise species to live for 150 years. In fact, many scientists believe these land-dwelling reptiles may live up to 500 years. A long lifespan to be sure, but it’s nothing compared to the longevity of the ancient coin design seen here that was used more than 2,500 years ago and is now reborn on this stunning Ultra High Relief coin!
Struck in a full ounce of highly pure 99.9% fine silver by Coin Invest Trust (CIT), this coin pays tribute to ancient Greek “Turtle” staters that were used during ancient Greece as a monetary symbol. Those ancient coins were first made during the 6th Century B.C. on the island of Aegina in southern Greece. Using its SmartMinting© technology, CIT was able to craft Ultra High Relief images not normally seen on regular cons with the designs rising 7 mm off the surface at its highest point.
Issued on behalf of the Cook Islands, a self-governing island nation in free association with New Zealand, the legal-tender $5 coin’s design shows an incredibly detailed tortoise plodding its way across its surface with the Cook Islands initials “C” and “I” on either side of the slow-moving critter. The coin has also been struck with a unique an antique finish to give it the look of an ancient coin from the past. The coin is far from ancient, however, and comes in original Gem Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) condition, meaning that your coin is the product of a superb strike that places it firmly among the elite of the run.
Just 999 of these coins have been authorized for worldwide release and each one here comes in its original government packaging consisting of a branded display case and a Certificate of Authenticity. A tortoise may be best described as a land-dwelling turtle noted for its slow rate of movement, but there’s nothing slow about THESE turtles. The combination of the iconic design, scarcity and silver content means this small edition will not last long. Order yours now!
- ANCIENT DESIGN REBORN ON A MODERN COIN – The ancient Greek “Turtle” staters were used during ancient Greece as a monetary symbol. That ancient turtle design rises again on this coin. The con’s obverse features the regal portrait of Queen Elizabeth II.
- AMAZING ULTRA HIGH RELIEF – These coins were struck by Coin Invest Trust (CIT) using SmartMinting© technology to produce amazing Ultra High Relief detail that rise 7 mm off its surface at its highest point.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE SILVER – Each 2020 Cook Islands Tortoise Ultra High Relief Antiqued Coin was struck in a full ounce of highly pure 99.9% silver and measures 30 mm in diameter.
- LEGAL-TENDER COINS – These 2020 Cook Islands One-Ounce Tortoise Ultra High Relief Antiqued Coin are $5 legal tender in the Cook Islands, a self-governing island nation in free association with New Zealand.
- UNIQUE ANTIQUE FINISH – This coin also features a unique antique finish that was added to pay tribute to the ancient Greek “Turtle” staters that date back to the 6th Century B.C.
- GEM BRILLIANT UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Your 2020 Cook Islands One-Ounce Tortoise Ultra High Relief Antiqued Coin will come in original Gem Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) condition.
- VERY LOW LIMITED EDITION – The maximum worldwide limited edition for the 2020 Cook Islands One-Ounce Tortoise Ultra High Relief Antiqued Coin has been set at just 999.
*Images are stock photos - product may vary.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.