The phoenix is a mythical bird from Ancient Greek folklore that is believed to have the power to cyclically regenerate over the course of time. The bird ages from a hatchling to old age and famously bursts into flame before regenerating again as a younger bird. Known as the Bong Hwang in Korea, the phoenix has a deep history in Korean culture and is part of national symbolism for the modern Republic of Korea.
- Limited Edition - Mintage of 250 coins!
- 1st issue of the South Korean Silver Phoenix
- Contains 1 Troy oz of .999 pure silver in BU condition.
- The obverse of the medal features a phoenix flying in the sky.
- On the reverse face of the medal is a double-phoenix design based on a Korean government motif.
- Latent security image on obverse.
- Coin arrives in a protective capsule, in a display box, with a Certificate of Authenticity.
*Images are stock photos - product may vary.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.